Below are some links to single run, no-installation fixit programs. These are not designed to protect your computer from future threat and infection, but are designed to get your computer operating normally. After infections have been cleared off you MUST install an antivirus system on your computer.
A word of WARNING:
These programs are designed for ADVANCED users and, if used improperly, CAN damage your operating system.
If you are in any way unsure about usage of these programs, DO NOT USE THEM.
- Combofix: Link
- Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista 32bit, Windows 7 32bit
- Usage Difficulty: Medium
- Notes: do not interrupt this program before finished. If your computer shuts down or it is stopped halfway through, run it again until it finishes entirely. Installation of Recovery Console is unnecessary (gives option during run). also note, it will expire after a week and will need to be re-downloaded.
- Norman Malware Cleaner: Link
- Compatibility: Win 9X, WinXP, Vista 32/64, Win7 32/64
- Usage Difficulty: Easy
- Notes: Takes up to 60 seconds to open once clicked on, easy to run, just click “scan”
- SDFix: Link
- Compatibility: WinXP, Vista 32/64, Win7 32/64
- Usage Difficulty: Medium-Hard
- Notes: this tool is designed for an advanced user, but if you know how to get into safe mode the average user can run the simple fixit that it runs in that environment. simply run the sdfix.exe in the download, go to C:\sdfix\ on your harddrive and double click on “RunThis.bat”